Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp power supply drive issue.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There may be and issue with the bd output card. My computer with all my files and notes is down at the moment, lost the motherboard. I can offer more help after the board arrives and I get it installed. I don't have another desktop at the moment to install the hard drive in.

The prices are pretty much the same from all distributors. I'd suggest digikey or mouser. The SMD1 is the best to start with.
SMD1 - Chip Quik

- datasheet

You don't need much. I'd suggest:

Add new regular solder and desolder as much as possible.

Apply CQ flux and solder. You'll need a length of CQ that's about the same length as the row of pins.

Place the tip of your iron on the tip of each pin and move it a bit to work the CQ down the via.

When the CQ has been worked into all joints, running your iron back and forth through the row of pins should get all hot enough at once to allow the board to fall out.

Don't let the board drop out and hit a hard surface. It will make the CQ splash and will make a huge mess.

Desolder all pads and pins completely (can be done at a low temp to prevent damaging the board)

Very carefully inspect for solder bridges between all pins. They can be VERY thin.

The flux is very thick. Brush off with a lot of acetone. After the first brushing, place a paper towel over the area and brush through the paper towel This will be the most efficient way to remove the CQ flux.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.