blowing output transistor DD Z2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello

I'm repairing a DD Z2. It came with the power supply and output burned.

I have repaired the power supply (all the new transistors, gate transistors, gate resistors and it works normally) I get + 175v and -175v.
In output, I changed all the irfp360LC, resistances 33 ohm and 100kohm.
I have repaired the output control card, changing the 4 irs21844, I have reviewed capacitors, resistors and diodes.

the amplifier has been running normally, but the last time I turned it on, 6 IRFP360LC has exploded.
the other irfp360lc seem to be fine ....

What could have happened to him? It does not make sense that it worked well all afternoon ...

Attachments

• IMG_9827.jpg
    IMG_9827.jpg
    774 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_9828.jpg
    IMG_9828.jpg
    991.7 KB · Views: 195
My 12v power supply is diamond gsv-3000 30 amp.

I have noticed that the resistances that I indicate in the attached image, are out of value, should be 10kohm and are very out of value ...
What function do those 4 resistors have?

Attachments

• IMG_9861.jpg
    IMG_9861.jpg
    660.1 KB · Views: 118
Yes, I think the resistors are connected across the rail caps...

They have started to smoke. As you can see, 2 of them are discolored.

What do you mean when you say that you had the source connected?

No, that source is the one I use regularly and has never given me problems.

If this is an unregulated power supply, when you not have any output fet installed and try to power up the amp, the rail voltages rise up much higher than normal (generally higher than the rail caps voltage value) and rail voltages pulldown resistors start to smoke.

What power supply do you recommend to use? diamond regulate voltage but not amperage

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.