Has anyone seen this before?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well i dont have any drive wave on the outputs so it popped most of them on start up. Im guessing that is why it died in the first place. I did replace the 21844's before i did anything. trying to weed out all the mismatched parts. i guess i over looked something. So now i have pulled off all the output fets and no output drive on either high side or low side.
So i guess i get to start over on the card and find whats is a muk.
Note it blew the same 4 fets that the previous tech had replaced. The amp has 4 banks of 4. but no drive on any gate pads

Yes, but not a kit. Chapter 109 on the BCAE1 site. It would probably do about 1kw short term but 400w would be more of what you would expect if used for an amplifier and driven hard for long periods of time.

You don't need anything complex. All you need to do is to generate a low voltage rail so that there isn't as much stored energy in the rail caps so the outputs have a better chance to survive. The link from post 27 does that.

Last edited:
From the photos, it looks like there is plenty clearance. A small plastic rod, a spudger or a bamboo skewer can be used where there are only large windings to make a slot. You only need 5-6 turns of small wire.

If you have a junk amp that the power supply could be repaired, you could use it to make the 5-6 turns but having a second switching supply could cause confusion.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.