For those who need help with repairs...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm been meaning to post this for a while.

Be proactive.

If you need help and you're asked to take a reading/measurement and you're not sure if you were supposed to do it one way or another but both are relatively easy to do, take both readings and post them. There is no point in asking which to do and possibly waiting a day or more for the answer when you can do both in a minute or so. This will save you a LOT of time and speed up the process, possibly by days or even weeks, depending on the complexity of the repair.

One more thing. Post good quality photos of the amp you're working on (not photos you found online). Many times, there is something that can be seen in the photo that will make a huge difference in the direction of a repair. When you post photos, start with one of the entire board and then a photo of the component side of any vertical (driver) board. The following section of the basic repair page will help you to take usable photos.
Basic Amplifier Repair

Yes, we could use a guide to asking for help. Myself, I use Perry's guide, do a search for the amp I am working on here in diyaduio and also a search in youtube before posting a question. Sam, a.k.a. Barevids does some great youtube videos for amp repair, and I have several amps worth of recording that I hope to edit and get posted to help out with repairs.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.