Found this U.S.AMPS US-25A...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
got this small amp from a local guy the other day. It came with a manual, but I couldn't find another one on the net that looked like it no where! But I was trying to find out if these early U.S. AMPS were underrated like so many of the other amps were back then. If anyone knows or has ever had one, i'd love to have some info on it. Like what size or kind of speakers would it be good on and how clean the sound was on them? thanks guys for any info!

Attachments

• u.s.amp.jpg
    u.s.amp.jpg
    342.8 KB · Views: 85
Very good amp, good score!

I only know them by reputation, but that was stellar. Early ones, at least, were made in FL. It didn't take long for their sales reps to start showing up here in South GA. I have some details somewhere, but it would take a few days to get to them. Hopefully someone with first hand knowledge will show up soon. If not, I'll see what I have as soon as I can- period magazine ads, maybe an annual price guide with spec's and prices.

I just noticed you said it came with a manual. I know they doubled output into 2 ohms vs 4 ohms, does it say anything else regarding output or minimum impedance? Seems like the rep bragged that you could connect the outputs to a dead short and it wouldn't suffer any damage.

I wouldn't hesitate to use it anywhere in a system, it will be up to the task if it's in good working order. In a different realm than the Sanyo. They were designed to take on the best in competition, and were on par with the heavy hitters like Fosgate, HiFonics, Autotek, Orion, etc.

If you use it for bass, you'll want reasonably efficient woofers. A couple hundred watts can be minimized by some of the inefficient subs out there today.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.