Kicker zx1500.1d power supply and outsection.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's possible you have a bad spot on one of the transformers. Try and twist the transformers to see if the idle current drops. You may have to remove a transformer one at a time. Remove one transformer secondary at a time and power up the amp.

The input filter inductor may be bad, also.

The gate resistors should be 100Ω

Check the driver transitors Q24,Q27-2SD667 and Q25,Q26-2SB647.Although I believe you stated in an earlier post that the drive was good.

Are the PS mosfets from the same batch? With that many mosfets if they are mismatched that may be a problem.

The input inductors and capactors may be an issue.

I just purchased another 1500.1 for parts and refference to repair both. Should help. I am going remove the secondary from the transformors as suggested. I just came home from a back surgury so things are a little diffucult if not in the chair.
The gate resistors are 100R and yes i replaced all the power supply mosfets with matching irf3205's
This is the same amplifier i had the short problem with before and found the the soder bridge and it cleared up (Or seemed to) Somewhere something is failing, Leaning towards the input inductors. I have a solid tester for them now. So i will pull them and post what they measure.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.