Rockford Prime R600x5

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would not trust them. As far as I know, Sanken stopped production many years ago (someone correct me if that's not correct). NOS is OK but they're more likely counterfeit. The part numbers I posted are new parts that can be purchased from reputable, authorized distributors.

Places like ebay, amazon, etc are great if you want to buy a fishing hat or an old/vintage doo-dad but for electronic components, especially semiconductors, I recommend that you buy from those authorized by the manufacturer to sell their products.

So I changed out the 2 transistors and the amp powers up and comes out of protection. I checked the amp and I have audio being outputted from all channels except the front right. It seems like there is some audio but it is really low compared to the front left. All other channels play normal. Any ideas?

Do you have a scope?

If the signal is clean, the problem is virtually always in the preamp section.

Try this... Bridge the low channel with another channel. Does the bridged speaker play at the same level as a single good channel?

Is the audio still clean?

Be careful if the transistors are not clamped down. They can overheat and fail in just a few seconds.

If it's still clean, that would generally indicate that final section of the low channel is working.

I see what appears to be 4 green (?) caps, one per channel. Is that right?

If so, those could be the coupling capacitors. If so, if you drive a sine wave signal into the various channels, you should see the signal on those. Check this by driving a signal into the amp and measure the AC voltage on those caps. Is it low on the low channel's cap?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.