Kicker zx1000.1 input board help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a zx1000.1 that the output sinwave is very distorted at the speaker terminal and the opamps as well. I will check my input signal today at some point and try to pinpoint the issue. The signal if the gain knob is turned uo, makes and audible sound emmitting from the output transistors. Signal just looks very distorted at the speaker terminal.

Which opamps? When referring to any components use the locator numbers, so that the circuits you refer to can be pinpointed.

When you check the input, follow the signal through the Preamp board to the output pin on the Preamp board.

If the preamp board passes signal and can be adjusted with the gain knob, the possible culprit is the muting circuit or the Class D driver board, assuming the operating voltages are present.

Post pics of the amp board,preamp board including the cover so that I can determine the model year.

So someone has done this at some point. So can u tell me where the traces used to attach Soni can soder a 100uf 25v cap to the two points.

Attachments

• 15395716006348496368826519793089.jpg
    15395716006348496368826519793089.jpg
    804 KB · Views: 137
The board looks repairable. With alcohol and a soft brush you can clean the board. The attached photo indicates what C219 should be connected to.

Once you've cleaned the board, you will be able to see where the pads where connected.

You can use a though hole 100uf/25v. Make sure the positive side of cap is connected to R205 and the negative side is signal ground(both top and bottom side of board, judging by the via on the Neg side.

The replacement board must be for that ZX1000.1 and model year, the only other board that is similar but not compatible is on a ZX1500.1.

Attachments

• ZX15001.jpg
    ZX15001.jpg
    824.9 KB · Views: 120
i got the board semi working. The amp will power up but at random go into protection and it has no audio with this class d board. I belive if i switch to the known good board it does have output. So i belive there maybe another problem with the class d board. The capacitor has be connected correcly. I will post some pictures of the repair, And go from there.

Ok so if I lift d7 the amp Powers up fine drawing 1.49amps of current after the muting relay is engadged. Has no audio output. 83vdc at the speaker terminal. +-15 is present on the preamp board. I also have +-15 at the class d board +-12 pins. +5v present.

Last edited:
The +/- 15 volts is good.

There is an isolated small power supply to the left and underneath the Class D daughter board.Without the Class D board, take pics of this supply including the mosfets,transformer and the three sm electrolytic caps 16uf/25v? just below the relay.

If this is unclear I will edit your pics later on today and point out what I need to see.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.