Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ground Zero Amplifier Repair
Ground Zero Amplifier Repair
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th October 2018, 12:40 PM   #31
Perry Babin is offline Perry Babin  United States
diyAudio Member

Q112 and the components in that part of the circuit are a 'constant current source' (CCS). In this application, it will determine the deadtime and can cause excessive current draw. They rarely need to be adjusted in amps using the IRFB31N20D FETs.
Old 17th October 2018, 12:47 PM   #32
Cekpi7 is offline Cekpi7
diyAudio Member

I read something about that in link you posted in first reply.
However high side still gets a bit warm with no input, i used 220ohm resistor in series with 910ohm (dmm reads 1082) is that fine or should i maybe get it a bit lower (i only use one fet per bank)?
Old 17th October 2018, 01:10 PM   #33
Perry Babin is offline Perry Babin  United States
diyAudio Member

I'd install all of the outputs, clamp them down tightly and let it idle for 10-15 minutes. The heatsink should not increase in temperature by any significant amount.

For a similar amp, I have the idle current as 1.3 amps before the class D stage is enabled and 1.7 amps after the class D stage is enabled.
Old 17th October 2018, 01:13 PM   #34
Cekpi7 is offline Cekpi7
diyAudio Member

Thanks for your help, looks like i have a lot of things to learn.
Current is same (1.3A when protection light is on) and 1.7A after, i installed all mosfets and it didn't change so i guess it's fine. I'm gonna reinstall everything now.

Ground Zero Amplifier RepairHide this!Advertise here!