Need advice before replacing parts for Kicker ZX1000.1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I found a busted/exploded NTP16N06 (I found the value from one of PapaZBill reply) so I order the replacement for this which he had a post that directed us also to a mouser. Also, I need to know the value of a cracked diode(D27) beside Q13.
My question is, If ever I already have the mentioned parts, do i have to check or look for more that is possibly cause more of the problem before soldering the new parts? Visually, eveything is clean except for the Q12, Q13 and D27.

I'm not a full pledge technician but I have an extensive experience of doing electronics so let me try If I can fix this one with your help.
(This thread is a reply from one of PapaZBill quote)
I try to make a thread that's why.

Thank you very much DIY forumers!!!

There were a few revisions made to this amp between the 2008 and 10/11 model year for both the ZX1000.1 and the ZX1500.1. The NTP16N06 was used to replace the STP16NF06, but required a few part changes.The model year and version you have will determine what specific revision may apply.

Post pics of the amp you have, including the entire amp in its chassis and cover in place, a pic of the main board and a close up of the board where the NTP16N06 where removed, make sure that you include R23 and Q10,Q11. This will help me determine what may need to be revised.

20190412_212028.jpg

20190412_212045.jpg

20190412_212105.jpg
There were a few revisions made to this amp between the 2008 and 10/11 model year for both the ZX1000.1 and the ZX1500.1. The NTP16N06 was used to replace the STP16NF06, but required a few part changes.The model year and version you have will determine what specific revision may apply.

Post pics of the amp you have, including the entire amp in its chassis and cover in place, a pic of the main board and a close up of the board where the NTP16N06 where removed, make sure that you include R23 and Q10,Q11. This will help me determine what may need to be revised.

If the NTP16N06 is all that is available. You will need to change a few parts. I will need to look for the revision and it may take a day or two. In the meantime, I dealt with this same revision with someone else on this forum. Look through the ZX1000.1 and ZX1500.1 posts on this forum, your should find one that I detailed that same revision.

If the NTP16N06 is all that is available. You will need to change a few parts. I will need to look for the revision and it may take a day or two. In the meantime, I dealt with this same revision with someone else on this forum. Look through the ZX1000.1 and ZX1500.1 posts on this forum, your should find one that I detailed that same revision.

Correction: If the NTP16N06 is available, replace bad mosfets and NO modifications is necessary.

If using STP16NF06,you will need to replace Q10-KTC4401 to TL431 and reorient the part on the board(I will need to find a pic that shows this, DO NOT INSTALL UNTIL I CAN CONFIRM). Also, replace R23-10kΩ with 1kΩ.

Can you recheck D27. The only diode near Q13 is D33-1N4002, which typically cracks when Q12 and Q13 fail.

Sorry to dig up this thread again but ive managed to get a kicker zx1000.1 amp on the cheap as the gain toggle has broken, ive found a replacement part but they come in two values, just wondering if anyone knows the right one for this amp? The values they come in are 10k ohm or 50k ohm..
Thanks.
:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.