Power Acoustik A3000db - DC on output while remote off

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I fixed the above amp long time ago may be 2 months back. now he brought the amp back saying it pops the speakers while remote connection is taken off. when i checked there are good waveforms on the outputs. but when the remote signal is off dc coming on the speaker terminals. when the amp on no dc on speaker terminals. any suggestions where to look at. Thank you.

Best Regards
Imraneesa

Attachments

• 20180920_112045.jpg
    20180920_112045.jpg
    1,018.6 KB · Views: 122
The control voltage should be near positive rail voltage between remote applied and the end of the mute delay. At the end of the mute delay (red-green LED switch), the control voltage will go to very near ground. When remote voltage is removed, the control voltage will immediately go back (not climb slowly) to positive rail voltage.

The control voltage should be near positive rail voltage between remote applied and the end of the mute delay. At the end of the mute delay (red-green LED switch), the control voltage will go to very near ground. When remote voltage is removed, the control voltage will immediately go back (not climb slowly) to positive rail voltage.

voltage regulator is working very good. i was using current limit resistor so voltage regulator was not coming on. now it is working good. and the control voltage is also there on the driver board. i am still getting a pulse on dc when remote is removed. when the amp is on delay and when it comes on everything works great except when you remove the remote it gives dc pulse.

Last edited:
Mr. Babin, I apologize for the intrusion, I wanted to recommend checking Q113 (typically KTA1023) on the driver board (if the optocoupler works well), it may be short causing the perpetual D-class operation even when the amplifier is turning off ( when the remote signal is disconnected), where instead it should stop, as soon as the remote signal is disconnected.

Mr. Babin, I apologize for the intrusion, I wanted to recommend checking Q113 (typically KTA1023) on the driver board (if the optocoupler works well), it may be short causing the perpetual D-class operation even when the amplifier is turning off ( when the remote signal is disconnected), where instead it should stop, as soon as the remote signal is disconnected.

q113 is fine.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.