Eton PA 5402

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Bought this burned amp. Railcaps are open, the inductor was burned and open. rewound the inductor with same size material from an crossover. Power supply is working. if i put the inductor inside, the power supply drops a few times until my fuse is burning. Seems its a tripple layer board. Should be a design from an old zapco. Maybe someone have diagramm. Also all tip35 and the other seems to be ok.

Attachments

• DSC_1774(1).jpg
    DSC_1774(1).jpg
    988.7 KB · Views: 119
  • DSC_1775.jpg
    DSC_1775.jpg
    854.2 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC_1776(1).jpg
    DSC_1776(1).jpg
    795.7 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC_1777(1).jpg
    DSC_1777(1).jpg
    1,012.1 KB · Views: 99
  • DSC_1778(1).jpg
    DSC_1778(1).jpg
    1,020.9 KB · Views: 92
I used the cables shown on the picture instead of the inductor. if i connect the left upper cable to the right lower solder, the amp turns green and the amplitude of the power supply drops. if i connect the other one, the amp switches to red and the power supply turn off. Nothing heats up at all. I dont now, for what this inductor is there. Maybe power supply, but if i measure the connections to the rail caps or to the audio out, there is high value measured. I have asked Eton for a diagram, but they dont replyed.

It's most likely part of the filter for the secondary rails. When you would it, did you get the terminal windings in the correct locations? In the attached image, you can see how the positive and negative voltages have to go to the correct points on the board.

Attachments

• clarioninductor01.png
    clarioninductor01.png
    148.4 KB · Views: 65
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.