hifonics zeus z6000 noise problems

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi everybody.
i have this amp and it have noise problems
alternator whining and click noises when open turn signal or alarms are audible.
when i turn on the amplifier's low pass xover whining stops but the clicking is still audible.
i am sure it's the amp because i have 4 more amps and it's they only one with this problem.
any ideas?

when i remove the rca input the problem stops.could be the cables?
it's next to the crossover and the are only 20cm long.
ps.if i lower crossover gain and open amplifier gain the problem is worse.
with amplifier gain low and crossover gain high it's minimised.

reading around for info i see most times ground loops cause that kind of problems.my head unit is powered by the cars plug.
is it possible the ground to be worse than car chassis where the amps are grounded?
the noise is there only with one amp but maybe it's more sensitive from the rest.

Disconnect all RCAs from the head unit and from the amps. Measure the resistance from the shields of all RCA cables to ground. None should make you meter change from whatever it reads when the probes are open. Is that what you have?

With the RCAs disconnected from the head unit, confirm that all REC output shields read 0 ohms to the case of the head unit.

With one of the RCA cables that was feeding the other amps, feed the noisy amp from one of the RCA outputs that you were using for one of the other amps.

It's important to make absolutely certain that the problem is not something other than the amp before you start troubleshootng the amp.

here it is

Attachments

• Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    638.7 KB · Views: 69
I don't know this amp but the RCA shields with the circuit it appears to be using generally connect to the non-bridging speaker terminals. It could be a broken solder connection on the RCA jacks (or elsewhere), a broken wire, a connector not plugged in completely or even a broken trace. Check the areas around the small RCA board first. You want to avoid removing the main board if possible.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.