Issues after just swaping a 4ch amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Everything was working great until i switched my 4ch amplifier and completly forgot to disconnect the power line from the battery and i think i messed up something...not sure the cause though...

now both my 4ch amplifiers make really weird noise and the really weird part is that my sub mute option doesnt work anymore WHEN RCAs ARE CONNECTED TO THE 4CH AMP... my REAR channel's xover gets applied to the SUBWOOFER amp instead of the REAR channel... so i disconnected the amp. and my sub amp pops when i turn off the car....

disconnecting the rca from the subwoofer amplifier made the pop go away ..

i havent trying running the 4ch amp without RCAs to see if its fine yet...

did i blew/shorted the RCAs or something in the headunit??

cool ill try to check this, i tried the 4ch amplifier today and it actually worked great as long as i dont turn on the engine or even go on contact ignition, if i do go on contact ignition it makes a really weird sound and its even worse when i turn on the engine, but all of these noise goes away when the RCA's are unplugged...

im running my factory rear speakers off the head unit's amplifier right now and its working fine, no noise, no issues...

does that mean its an isolated issue with the head-unit's RCA's preout that are messed up for sure? or could it be something else..

im really curious to understand how could this happen though ?..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.