Output MOSFETs getting hot.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
They can survive as long as they're cool. I know it's a pain to reassemble the amp to do initial testing. You can make a temporary heatsink out of 3/8" x 1" aluminum stock covered in kapton tape. The following example shows it keeping a regulator cool. You'd do the same for the full length of transistors. You may need to apply a thin layer of heatsink compound to the aluminum and the transistors to make it conduct heat efficiently.

Attachments

• DSCN4550b.jpg
    DSCN4550b.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 61
Hi Perry I'm back to the same problem, it's becoming frustrating, replaced everything on the card except the 8 pin ICs just like i did in the weekend,replaced fets but not brand new but they test fine with a multimeter and I did the light test (saw a video of the light test on YouTube) all the fets looked good. Outputs are getting hot and the amplifier is drawing high current. Achim has the same problem.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.