1G Orion HCCA 225

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have 2 of the first gen HCCA 225's here. One has had no repairs other than me replacing the large 3300uf cap on the power input. The second has been molested, not badly but some.

What are the proper rail voltages for these things? The unmolested one is much lower than the repaired one. Both are Rev. G boards. Both power up and have almost zero DC offset.

The repaired one pulls down my 4A power supply much more than the untouched one. Idle current is 300mA on the good one and 2.4A on the repaired one. Both idle.

Unrepaired one has +-18v rails.
Repaired one has +-26.5 rails.

Something seems amiss.

Jason

The added current seems to be the to220 transistor that controls the switches. It gets hot FAST. It appears to have been replaced, as well as the 2 small transistors in the Psupply. 2 of the Psupply switching transistors have been replaced but none of them get warm like the one on the end by the speaker/remote connector.

Jason

All of the PS switchers and that one are 2N6488s.

I think the two small transistors are MPSA06s.

What is the number on the Zener indicated in the attached photo?

Attachments

• IMG_3919x.jpg
    IMG_3919x.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 100
I am sorry. The the longer the amp is powered after the initial 12v to the remote wire and removed the further below negative the voltage on the remote lead goes. It will start at 0v once the +12v is removed and drop to -1v after about 5 mins and goes further negative the longer it's powered up. The power supply remains in operation at ~+-28v rails and I have 18.3v across the zener you had me check and I replaced.

Jason

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.