mtx 81000d

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
my 81000d has d198 burnt out and leads sitting on top the board. i noticed the amp seams like half power compared to my other 81000d got them both on american bass xfl 1544's and this one will be half power then pop on full power off and on and when its seams like half power i notice noise like the rca's are not grounded but i checked all grounds they are good. and is there an other es2d that has a function i dont need on the board that i can put in d198 place? or leave this out? in other threads i noticed they was told to leave this off the circuit.

that's the first thing i did i soldered loose rca's to the shields on inside and outside before even posting anything and then reinstalled the amp thinking that was all it was but it is still doing the same thing.
i think i measured it at 900 ohms then went to 1000 ohms
on the board still in circuit. the d198 diode was totally burnt out so i removed it. i'm not sure what the tolerance should be . should it go right to 1k ohms soon as i put meter leads on it ? and my meter is a fluke 87 so not the meter.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.