Performance Teknique ICBM-9550

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I’ve gotten a good drive signal both high side and low side, but after loading output fets it’s pulling down the power supply, making the power mosfets warming up. Increased amp draw and volts from 66+/- to 6volts.
I’m not seeing any short on the output side of the amp.

This amp played couple of weeks Customer says it stopped, they tried powering on again but it’s just getting hot, my observation is that the low ohm resistor RA10 & RA11 is open again, I’ve just used a “jumper” wire to closed across the resistors and it powers on with output relay enable and seems ok, my bench PS is at 12v (6amp is max current) when amp powers on at idle I’m seeing a 3.60amp draw.
When add input audio and speaker there’s a whining pitch coming from the speaker output. What could be wrong?

I’m curious to know what points are used to test for that, if that’s not a noob question. How do I test for carrier frequency?

Also the good news, the jumper wire I used to replace (temporarily) is about 2.5 feet long, and I did have it entwined in a circular loop laying across the circuit, trying to simulate 2.2ohms parallel resistor that was burnt, I think that was causing the interference, I’ve changed the burnt resistors and it’s playing ok now.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.