Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Alpine 3546 (starts only when car is turned on)
Alpine 3546 (starts only when car is turned on)
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st January 2018, 08:56 PM   #1
mkafridi is offline mkafridi  Pakistan
diyAudio Member

Default Alpine 3546 (starts only when car is turned on)

Alpine 3546 goes into protection when placed on a 12V bench or when car is not start, but works when placed in vehicle turned on.

This means that amp will work when ~13.5+ voltage is applied but wont work at 12.5V...
What could be the problem... strange problem but this is what to expect from an 25+ year old amp!

Any suggestions to what can be done to resolve the problem?
Old 1st January 2018, 09:14 PM   #2
Perry Babin is offline Perry Babin  United States
diyAudio Member

It could be the low-voltage protection circuit but I don't have any information on this amp.

Could it be the difference in voltage feeding the remote with the engine on/off?
Old 5th January 2018, 07:19 AM   #3
mkafridi is offline mkafridi  Pakistan
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry Babin View Post
It could be the low-voltage protection circuit but I don't have any information on this amp.

Could it be the difference in voltage feeding the remote with the engine on/off?
Thank you for the reply!

For testing I connected the remote directly to power so I don't think this is the issue...

So we can assume the problem is with low voltage protection circuit! Is there some way I can confirm this?
Old 5th January 2018, 04:16 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

You would need the service manual. I don't have it and couldn't find a free download for it.
Old 30th April 2018, 06:13 AM   #5
jeffpriddy is offline jeffpriddy
diyAudio Member

Default Alpine 3546

I was referred to you for a service manual for a 3546 amplifier. I bought this unit ,and it has been recapped, and I am not confident it had the correct parts replaced. I also don't have any service literature on the amp after I get it back up and running. I believe this was a failed repair attempt, as half of the mounting screws are missing, and as I mentioned, the unit was recapped.
if you are able to find a service manual I will be more then willing to pay for one even if it is in PDF format. please mail me at mrjeffzx1@att.net.
Also, if the one person who has the amp that is acting up would like to just sell the unit, or trade it for another model amp mail me as well. I have some really nice amps I would be willing to trade/or trade and money. Whatever you need.
REGARDS:

Jeff Priddy
Old 30th April 2018, 06:18 AM   #6
jeffpriddy is offline jeffpriddy
diyAudio Member

Default 3546 service manual

I have an amp that needs some work, and it has been recapped, and looks as if it was a failed repair attempt. So I need to verify al the caps, and that they are the correct value and size in uF values. the one person who has the amp that is failing I will buy/trade another amp for your unit so I can use it to repair my unit mrjeffzx1@att.net

REGARDS:

Jeff Priddy
Old 30th April 2018, 11:04 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Please don't post in a repair thread that was started by someone else unless you are trying to help them.

Start a new thread if you need help.

If you were asking me (you were not specific) for that service manual, I don't have it.

Alpine 3546 (starts only when car is turned on)Hide this!Advertise here!