Making car amplifier SMPS with tl494 + DC Protection

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks Perry, I think we've got it.:D

17.5k gives me +/-40v with a 14.4v input. Before it was +/-47.5v.

The amp will either be bridged mono or at least stereo with one channel driven out of phase.

Now, do I need to add an output inductor to each rail since it is regulated now?

Thanks again and sorry if I was any hassle.:eek:

Perry,

I have noticed that you are expert in SMPS and know it by heart...

I have a question (which i have tried to solve, but, since i am no expert...cant solve it without your help)

have a look at this inverter schematic....

there is a TL494 at the high frequency side...and another on at 50hz section...

both error amplifiers are either controlled by LM324 or 50hz TL494...

I need to remove both - LM324 and 50hz tl494...and use two error amplifiers as a voltage regulator and current regulator...

and there is no way i can do it....i have tried to reduce the voltages and i was successfull....but, removing 50hz tl494 just brings the voltages back to full...if both are there, then i can regulate the voltages on both side (high frequency and low frequency sides)

If you can help ....i will be really greatfull...

or if thats not possible to modify, then if you have another TL494 regulated smps circuit...?

one way or another, you are my best bet :)
i am pretty sure you can help.

Thanks again.

Regards

well...the first thing i did was to reduce the output voltages at U2 to 44 volts - by changing resistance R29/R30 to lower values and increasing ground resistance R31....i was successfull

Then I reduce the voltages at the high-frequency side
by reducing resistance R42 and increasing resistance R39....
i was successfull in that too...and manage to get 44-volts.

but, since i dont need the low frequency stage, i want to get rid of it and get 44-volts output from U1....

I have also tried to totally remove U2 but, that brings the voltages back to 120v at U1 (power stage DC)

also, I have tried to remove R14 at U1 connected to pin 4...(dont know if it was a smart move) but, it did'nt work...

so, here i am... :)

Looking at the second part of the schematic, I think it's probably a 15v. It's probably a over-voltage shutdown for the B+ input.

Try this...

Pull U2. Connect pin 14 of U1 to the pad for pin 14 of U2. This will restore Vref that's being lost when U2 is removed. If the voltage drops below ~4.8v, you may have to use a 5v reg to supply the Vref. The output of the 5v reg of the 494 is very limited. The regulation will be controlled by the deadtime pin on U1. Replace R42 with a 120k ohm resistor. This should give you something close to 44v.

Hi

For PP I think it is better coz you can drive fets directly, but say in buck converter, TL would be easy to use coz you have E and C of transistor in pins and you can use them however you want, so that good...

But SG really is ic that needs only few components, and you can do a lot with it and has some features like dead time and shutdown which you can use really easy...

I don't know, I like SG better...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.