Making car amplifier SMPS with tl494 + DC Protection

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2004
If anyone is interested I have about 200 finished 150 watt transformers and about 50 of a 500 watt unit ready to go they were made for an old car audio company.
I can take pictures if needed and cost would be cheap.

The smaller cores need to run 35 to 50Khz and the bigger cores around 40Khz the small cores give + / - 35 and the big cores are +/- 45 and up.

Microchip_Usa said:
If anyone is interested I have about 200 finished 150 watt transformers and about 50 of a 500 watt unit ready to go they were made for an old car audio company.
I can take pictures if needed and cost would be cheap.

The smaller cores need to run 35 to 50Khz and the bigger cores around 40Khz the small cores give + / - 35 and the big cores are +/- 45 and up.

Hi,
How much prices about that smps wich you have ? I am in india so how can i spend you ? Also money conversion problame can you send me pictures of it

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
himanshuraval said:

Hi,
How much prices about that smps wich you have ? I am in india so how can i spend you ? Also money conversion problame can you send me pictures of it

I'm going to take some Pics today and post I’ll be turning the transformers over to my son for shipping his handle is Zagi's rule I'll have him post here soon .
Price: small core $8.00 Plus shipping Big unit's $14.00 plus shipping.

See below for My Kids info:

"zagisrule!" His name is Matt.

He can work out any shipping and Paypal or other pay info if needed .

We also have heat sinks and other parts email matt for a list.

Pictures

Here is a photo of all the transformers together...

Attachments

• all.jpg
    all.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 5,001
Information:

These transformers are inteded for regulated operation, so the small unit puts out about +/- 28V regulated and ~ +/- 40V unregulated or unloaded. The large units will put out +/- 32V regulated, and +/- 55V or more when unregulated or unloaded. The big one is good to about 500W or more and can withstand up to around 100A peak.

Both are made by Coil Tech based in AZ, and are roughly 85% efficient.

Costs are:

$8 US for the small ones
$14US for the big ones

Contact me via E-mail at switchmaster@hotmail.com if interested and we will discuss shipping and foreign orders.

Thanks,

Matt Aurand

On foreign purchases, you can select the currency you want to pay me in (USD) and pay in your native currency. From what I understand, it is very easy to pay this way using a credit card or bank transfer.

For shipping, I am unsure of the exact amount, but probably a flat $5-10 or so per order in the US. Outside of that, I have no idea what international shipping would be. I have shipped to Australia before, and a small package might cost between $8-$15 depending on weight (via USPS Global Post).

We have plenty of stock available and would be able to ship in a week or two.

-Matt

hi risto80
I used your pcb with following compnent

* D.C.12v 5amp. eliminator as Battery
* Rectifier diodes U860 eq.of MUR 860
* Filters 4700uf/25v X 2 (nichicon FM(M) ) for 12v batt. supply
*Outpu filters 6800uf/50v X 2 per rail (jamicon vent (lp) )
*Toroidal core Siemens and size:OD -36mm x H-15mm x W-7mm
*Winding Pri. 4 x 4 turns of and Sec. 12 x 12 turns

But my smps not working complate sg3525 is osc. , when i connect supply to smps without output diodes (U860) and filters (6800uf) smps running freely with 500mA current and AC output volts 35-0-35 . But after connecting only diodes bridge for DC, the output volts is increases about possitive + 175v and negetive - 400v but smps take current about 600mA. But when i connect the output filters smps takes higher than 5Amp or more
current and output DCvolts is about +40v and -70v and also humming toroid (as chiiiiii...) and 510ohms resistor of 4n35 burned out, i also change the polarity of toroid sec. conection but no change so please tell me where i am wrong if my toroid is wrong so please give me complate size of core and core materiel and winding data with wire gauege, strting point, end point of wire and which is connect to where. good news for i get schematic of TL494 for car amplifier i'll send you that

Re: Information:

zagisrule! said:
These transformers are inteded for regulated operation, so the small unit puts out about +/- 28V regulated and ~ +/- 40V unregulated or unloaded. The large units will put out +/- 32V regulated, and +/- 55V or more when unregulated or unloaded. The big one is good to about 500W or more and can withstand up to around 100A peak.

Both are made by Coil Tech based in AZ, and are roughly 85% efficient.

Costs are:

$8 US for the small ones
$14US for the big ones

Contact me via E-mail at switchmaster@hotmail.com if interested and we will discuss shipping and foreign orders.

Thanks,

Matt Aurand

What's the physical size of each torroid?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.