Making car amplifier SMPS with tl494 + DC Protection

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i made the same SMPS TL494CN based but why is it that my toroidal core heats up and i mean hot

can anyone post some pictures of your transformer so that i may have some idea about it

i am beginning to lose my patience and almost 10 pcs of different sizes was used but cant find the bastard problem.

pls help:bawling:

my switching frequency is 50khz at pin 5 of TL494

here is the schema by the way

its from jbl actually been posted long time ago

Attachments

• jbl smps.jpg
    jbl smps.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 3,688
ok I'm ready to build one of these....

I want to power a gainclone type amp with it.

I'll need , +/- 30v right? I will only need a 300 watt psu or so, as I am only gonna need 60 watts per channel ( x2 ) but I might want to add two more channels.
I can't decide on a design.. I have seen a few variations online. Is Rod Elliots good? ( I trust his projects a lot, just making sure though) will the toroid core he sugguests work ok for this wattage?

Also, how in the world can you make a pcb for something like this?

as I understand, the tracks need to be huge to carry the amount of current needed. Id be using radio shack copper pcbs and home etchant...if thats a good idea, if not ill send out to have some made.

Buffers

Hello Mr. Luka

The SG3525 is driving the Mosfet gates with NPN/PNP BC547/557. Is it the buffer you talk? It´s the same drivers in Sergio´s design in ESP what I use. About Protel format/viewer software, do you Know how I do to free download in the WEB?

Thank you very much

Sachserjuris
From Brazil

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.