Denon DSV-1’s wtf!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys, I usually don’t speak up too much on forums much anymore but this subject is ******* me off and it’s ruining some of the old school car audio market in my opinion.

So almost a year ago I see a Denon dsv-1 vu meter pop up on eBay.....the priced seemed reasonable and I had been wanting one forever. So I pull the trigger, get the unit and open it quick at lunchtime and take a peek and put it away. Then days later the black color one came up from same seller. I pulled the trigger thinking awesome! Now I’m set for messing with these someday. Then I hook them up......the freaking needles jumped around like a crackhead needing a fix! So I adjusted them to what should have been matched to my head unit...... still the most inaccurate thing I have ever saw.

So I put them away thinking ‘fudge maybe these things weren’t that cool’. Then I decide to break them out the other day and open them up..... then it all hits me......these things are as fake as it gets! From the box to the board to the components on the board (that was warped like a banana).

What a bunch of ****...... now the market is flooded with these stupid things and they don’t even operate correct! I can’t even find a pic of an original unit. If anyone has a genuine one please post pics. I can post some of the pics of mine but looking back I think how in the hell did I fall for this ****!

On the bright side the vu meters test out the same as some others I have and I have a driver board that does an excellent job of driving them correct. So I’m gonna Frankenstein these fakes to at least have them work nice.

Let me know what you guys have ran into on these things!

Casey

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.