2004 P6001BD Repair Help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
yes i have the equipment for that, and i believe i could. The audio didnt sound to bad really i used my 4ohm kicker, that way i could get a good determination of what it would sound like. I need to order some heat sink paste all i have is small tubes from radioshack, silicone based something....im not sure if its even good for amps. So desoder the pins then what comes next....

Reinstall the first diode you removed and desolder pin 2 on those ICs. After they're desoldered, the amp should power up. If it doesn't, post what it does.

If it powers up, bridge each pin to the pad it was soldered to, one IC at a time. Does one IC allow it to function normally where the other causes the amp to remain shut down.

You will have to replace the broken diode. You can order it when you order D11.

I realize that some components are left out intentionally, some were removed by me. Is c4, and r4 supposed to be empty, that anyone knows of. I'm looking over the scheme Perry posted for me know.

Attachments

• IMAG0068.jpg
    IMAG0068.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 64
In most cases, the manufacturers only omit the parts but don't go back and remove the solder paste application for the part. This leaves the paste on the pads and it draws up as is seen on your board. When parts are removed, the solder isn't left clean and uniform as you see on the pads for those parts.

In photos I have of this board, they're not installed.

i reinstalled the diodes and had at one point the thermal light off, protection still on? with audio. when i replace d18 the audio cuts off, D9 is missing a pad, not sure if it is relevant or not. I lifted both the pins on the ic's, installed the diodes. should i jump the pin 2 to the pad while its powered up, or shut it off jump one, test, ect?? anytime i put d18 back in the audio cuts off

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.