Time and phase alignment

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have been building and voicing speakers for a while and recently started doing some projects with a local shop that does high end work. I introduced him to some drivers and ways of doing things not typical for cars and the shop is always looking for more exposure and I'm going to use one of mine as the demo/show car. It's gotta be possible because dsp hasn't always been around and while we are adding a lot of electronics to it I want to keep as much analog as possible after the dac. Phase alignment is gonna depend on the driver and location of it. But time alignment and phasing together seems to be difficult because of the position of the drivers. Seating position of the driver and passengers and the distance from the source all present design problems. We are getting started tomorrow on some electronics and bodywork as well as adding the subs to the rear deck since they are omni directional it shouldn't be an issue. On the A arms of pillars - possibly both if we don't chop it to a coupe I want to add inverted dome tweaters. The internal drivers will all be upgraded additional amps and batteries will be added also. The car is a S550 and there's a lot of internal electronics already where I may be limited with what we can and can't do. Is a pure analog system out of the question?

There are opportunities for skewing the phase when making the crossovers, takes time and patience.
I believe JBL had a good writeup on that somewhere but I lost my copy.
My install took a few tries to get the front stage to sound like a single point source.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.