Kicker zx1500.1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My friends has a zx1500.1. It wasnt producing sound so i popped the cover off to look at it. I see inside that the diode at d26 has blown. Its an N540 rectifier, which i replaced with one from an electronics store.
I hooked it up, still no sound. I turned it off, back on, then BOOM! A loud pop, about like a loud firecracker. Loud enough to make my ear ring when it went.
Of course I immediately disconnect and look it over. Found that two of (what I believe are) the mosfets blew. Q108 and D24.
D24 is marked mospec f30d40d
Q108 has a fair amount of numbers on it and im not sure which is useful IXTQ36N30P, SK0616, DE4951
I need to find a replacement for each.
I know car audio and am more than capable when it comes to circuitry. However I really only know enough to realize how much I DON'T know.
And what I don't know is what would cause those mosfets to fail. I have a lot of pics but I only uploaded the ones that i thought would help.

There were several versions so you may want to post the revision for your amp.

D26 (if it's near the power/ground terminals) is a reverse protection diode. They generally only fail when the power/ground are connected with reverse polarity.

IXTQ36N30P is the number for the output transistors.
https://octopart.com/search?q=IXTQ36N30P

The f30d40d is a rectifier. It may be difficult to find if it has actually blown.

Were all insulators in place and intact when the second failure occurred?

Were all of the heatsink mounted components tightly clamped to the heatsink when the components failed?

The forum member PapaZBill will likely be able to be of more help.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.