Kicker ZX750.1 troubleshooting resistors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This forum is far more useful if you don't have to try to pick through the thread to see what applies to what repair. Would you prefer a thread with 100 or more posts for a dozen or more amps? You can do what you like but if you ever need my help and won't do as I ask for something as simple as this, don't expect any help. For this amp, another tech will be helping. He can decide what to do.

samcardinal, It can be difficult to follow a thread even when there is only one amp of concern. For clarity and that others can follow, start another thread.

I work for Kicker and can walk you through the repair. It will be helpful to post good quality pics of your amp, one of the board with and w/o the Preamp board, any markings on the board to indicate build dates, and a closeup of any visible damage or what you think is the circuit causing the issue. A description of the problem,Protection and Power LED status, drawing current and clicking sounds etc.

Also, list what tools and test equipment you have available. Not that you need to have an oscilloscope, but a good meter and signal source are essential. A soldering iron with a pencil tip will be necessary, to remove and replace surface mount components. The sig line is a good place to list the test equipment you use as Perry Babin suggested.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.