Mosfet with inverted parallel diode or zener diode

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello!

Should anyone tell me what is the difference of using the MOSFET with parallel inverted diode and a mosfets with parallel inverted zener diode? Can I mix or substitute them?

Yesterday I don't have three 75N06 and tried the 80NE06. During power-up everything went normal including square wave signals but the latter(80NE06) heat up so fast and instead I remove them, but why? It just around 15amps higher than original mosfets. I don't think the current rating is the reason. anyone could explain?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Post links to the datasheets for the two FETs and post the make/model of the amp.

60NF06/75NF06
https://www.fairchildsemi.com/datasheets/FQ/FQP50N06.pdf

80NE06
STW80NE06-10 pdf, STW80NE06-10 description, STW80NE06-10 datasheets, STW80NE06-10 view ::: ALLDATASHEET :::

I've tried this 80ne06 in substitute with 60NF06, 75NF06 and NCE6075 mosfets but no luck, it heat up fast. I don't know why?

Amp is massive look alike 1500rms and 2000rms mono. It's chinese amp.

If the driver transistors and IC are not defective, the gate resistor value is likely going to have to be reduced. The parameters like Qg and Ciss are much higher for the 80 amp FET so it's harder to drive than the 50 amp FET.

Thanks Perry to introduce that parameter. but I've scoped the drain and gate of this fets, it shows a square wave.

How about the difference between their symbols? zener and diode symbols, should I care of that?

Sorry for giving a lot of questions for free:)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.