Memphis MC1.4000

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey Perry I was wondering if you might be able to help me out here I cannot find this yellow capacitor anywhere is it called a plastic film capacitor? The rating on the side says 222k 630v its in yellow on the picture

Attachments

• DSCF1173[1].jpg
    DSCF1173[1].jpg
    588.6 KB · Views: 128
Ill order the pf style then also the 100 ohm 2 watt resistor in the picture I am kind of curious because I am trying to locate the exact same style but it seems the alignment of the lines don't match up for the ones I am trying to match the only ones that match are 100R 100ohm 2 watt resistors but the color isn't blue like original in this amp I am trying to stay exact same because this amp is in really good shape just needs some mild repairs

Hey Perry I have a question for you these are alittle different in size hopefully they will be ok

Heres my question do you know if this style of capacitor has a certain polarity it has to go by in the board?

If so how do I identify on the board which way it goes the print on the board does not have any symbols heres a picture of the bad vs new

Attachments

• DSCF1181[1].jpg
    DSCF1181[1].jpg
    593.6 KB · Views: 81
Hey Perry I replaced all PS Fets with the same model but they are PBF version replaced both of those film capacitors one for each transformer but when I power the amp up it powers on fine but will make a mid vacuum sound from it sounds like the transformers in which I have a working one here tested that with the same power source without a noise everything seems to be powering up fine the output relay clicks without tripping the protect light so I assume the outputs are not shorted since I last tested them.

Could shorted capacitors cause this I do know some looked alittle burned beings so close to the bad power fets that smoked they are 25v 3300uf

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.