Rockford Fosgate R1200-1D repair help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a R1200-1D with what appears to be blown mosfets and resistors on the power supply side. Amp came with replacement mosfets, but I couldn't find an exact match on the resistors but I bought these. But i need help identifying a burnt up component in between two of the mosfets.
20150306_211554.jpg
Any help would be appreciated, I'm a newbie when it comes to amp repair so take it easy on me.

1- Have you checked that the NTC is actually open?
2- Size looks like 0805 (2mm by 1.6mm).
3- The value can theoretically be found by: replacing the NTC by a potentiometer, adjusting potentiometer until no thermal shutdown, then until thermal shutdown, then disconnecting and measuring, then picking a suitable NTC knowing that shutdown temperature could be in the range of 90C (at such temperature NTC shall exhibit R value close to measured). Avoid the condition where the potentiometer directly shorts NTC.

Last edited:
Contact Rockford for a definitive answer and possibly the schematic diagram. Start a new thread if you have other questions about this amps.

There are 2 versions of the prime 1200, if I'm not mistaken. One uses a flyback power supply. The other uses a push-pull supply. The 3077 is for the flyback design.

The thermistor is likely OK unless it's missing or physically damaged. If it's on the board, set your meter to ohms and alternately heat and cool it. The resistance should go down when heated and up when cooled.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.