Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Rockford T2500-1bdCP Schematic / Service manual?
Rockford T2500-1bdCP Schematic / Service manual?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th February 2015, 02:43 AM   #1
Troy Dionne is offline Troy Dionne  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Rockford T2500-1bdCP Schematic / Service manual?

Was wondering if anyone had access to a T2500-1bdCP service manual or schematic? Particularly interested in the Constant Power circuitry and learning more about it and exactly how it works. At first I thought it was changning power supply pulse width to raise and lower voltage like a regulated supply, except based on output instead of input voltage. But after scoping the power supply sections on different loads that wasn't the case. From what I figure it really is not "boosting" power at all as they would make it seem. It seems that anything below about 2-3 ohms it is actually LIMITING output by changing the class-D pulse width in the output section. Am I on the right track?

It must do this by monitoring the impedence /current flow through the speaker connections to the load. Assuming through some sort of current sense resistor system of some sort.

Anyone have any actual schematics or circuit layout, block diagrams, etc for this system so I can learn more?
Old 11th February 2015, 04:49 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

No info on this?
Old 11th February 2015, 06:33 AM   #3
Nutcase21 is offline Nutcase21  United States
diyAudio Member

this is a current amplifier for fosgate which means that they won't give out the schematics for them just yet. they only release schematics for amplifiers that are discontinued, so most likely no one has them.
Old 11th February 2015, 04:03 PM   #4
Perry Babin is offline Perry Babin  United States
diyAudio Member

Limiting the pulse width is the same as limiting the input to the class D drive circuit.
Old 11th February 2015, 05:17 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

I knew they wouldn't release it. I was just hoping someone had maybe drawn up their own or had more info on its exact workings.

Rockford T2500-1bdCP Schematic / Service manual?Hide this!Advertise here!