Rockford T2500-1bdCP Schematic / Service manual?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Was wondering if anyone had access to a T2500-1bdCP service manual or schematic? Particularly interested in the Constant Power circuitry and learning more about it and exactly how it works. At first I thought it was changning power supply pulse width to raise and lower voltage like a regulated supply, except based on output instead of input voltage. But after scoping the power supply sections on different loads that wasn't the case. From what I figure it really is not "boosting" power at all as they would make it seem. It seems that anything below about 2-3 ohms it is actually LIMITING output by changing the class-D pulse width in the output section. Am I on the right track?

It must do this by monitoring the impedence /current flow through the speaker connections to the load. Assuming through some sort of current sense resistor system of some sort.

Anyone have any actual schematics or circuit layout, block diagrams, etc for this system so I can learn more?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.