hifonics driver board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Im working on hifonics amp with this driver board. It had blown outputs. I replace the irf9640 and irf640 outputs. on the driver board I replace q5 q6 q9 q12 q16 q20 q21 q23. those are marked dk and ag. I also replaced q7 q11 q19 q22 which are marked 1d 2d. with the driver board out the amp powers on fine but with the driver board in it pulls current and the irf9640 start to run hot. any input would really help

Attachments

• dwm1216classDdriverboard02img287.jpg
    dwm1216classDdriverboard02img287.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 250
How much current does it draw with the driver board in and driver board out? Don't pull the driver board out if you don't know.

How quickly do the 9640s get too hot to touch?

Does the amp produce rail-rail oscillation on the outputs?

Does it produce clean audio?

Did you check all of the 470 ohm resistors over the driver transistors?

The irf 9640 are the ones that start to heat up in about on minute. the Irf 640 stay cool. When I have the driver board in it pulls about 2.11 amps and with driver board out it does .90 amps. when I hook up the amp with driver in before the irf9640 get hot the sound I get is a poping sound, the speaker is not really moving just pop pop pop pop sound. in all the gates of the irf 640 I have 64.5 (negative) and the irf9640 I have 57.8 (positive) When I feed signal into it the amp and check signalat the fets I get a square wave on all the gates. so im still lost.:confused:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.