help a noob design a car system

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Noob here wanting to upgrade my 97 nissan pathfinder system. I upgrade a few years ago with pioneer 5-1/4 coaxial front doors, and polk 6-1/4 coaxials rear doors. From the start I didn;t like the polks-they sounded muffled and at a lower volume then the pioneer fronts but did(as raved about in reviews on amazon) have a deeper tone but had to fade the fronts to hear it and then no detail. Now the factory head unit is acting up -the volume knob does its own thing when i touch it. try turn it up it cuts out or goes down, etc. So i go to crutchfield and review new head units. they rec'd an Alpine ute-52BT for bluetooth from my phone and SQ all around. Price under $140. Then I find that stock has factory amps and they recomend bypassing, then I wonder if the sometimes clear highs are from the front tweets and not from the pioneer coaxials? ANd if bypassed would I loose that? I love clean articulate sound and soundstage. I must have my symbols and snare drum, etc. So, what it boild down to is i need advice: What would you do to get great clean sound for an suv? #1 head unit with usb, bluetooth for hands free phone and pandora music from phone Around $150. #2 add amp (alpine has a piggyback amp with 45wrms per channel around $120 #3 new speakers (components?), say around $100 a pair/ Then add a subwoofer and another amp $? If you had to do it in stages due to budget, what would you buy and how would you buy first and thereafter to achieve the end goal? what products would you reccomend? Be specific, please. I listen to mostly jazz, blues, classic rock, reggae. then everything else. I have built a couple of home speakers. Zaphs b3n full range and crossover. Sounds amazing but cant handle any bass without distortion, and Paul C overnight sensations. 2 way, much more bass but at sacrafices to other fz's. Thanks for reading and any advice is much appreciated.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.