Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

hidden headless bluetooth amp?
hidden headless bluetooth amp?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th May 2014, 07:16 PM   #1
drysockets is offline drysockets  United States
diyAudio Member

Default hidden headless bluetooth amp?

hi everyone-
first time poster here. i have a 99 jeep cherokee that i love. just finished putting on new shocks this weekend and she is riding great.

i live in brooklyn. i have had my radio head unit stolen twice. it's a drag to get the window replaced, feeling violated, etc. i've been riding around with no radio for 8 months now.

several years ago i had taken the jeep in to get the stock radio replaced, as the audio was very scratchy and the panning was all screwed up when i got the car. the guys at the audio shop replaced the front speakers and put in a new head unit with an amp in it. they said they took the under - seat stock amp out of the signal chain as it was shot. all in all, this new setup sounded great.

this stereo remained in my car unmolested for maybe 3 years. then my girlfriend had me move in with her in bed stuy. within 3 months my stereo was stolen. i replaced it with an equivalent model that lasted maybe another year and a half, then it was also stolen.

so my question is this: what i would love is an amp that i could directly bluetooth into. i would want to hide this either in the dash or under the back seat. i don't know a whole lot about electrical in cars, but does this seem like a feasible thing i could install? some searching has not resulted in any products directly on the market that would answer this. any help or ideas would be appreciated!

maybe i should get a new stereo and a car alarm
Old 28th May 2014, 08:18 PM   #2
Perry Babin is offline Perry Babin  United States
diyAudio Member

Cobra AirWave CWA BT150 Bluetooth music receiver for car and home at Crutchfield.com

Maybe something like this ^. Call or contact Crutchfield's tech support. They will likely have multiple options.
Old 28th May 2014, 10:13 PM   #3
drysockets is offline drysockets  United States
diyAudio Member

actually, further googling found this:

RFX Source Units - RFX5000 - Rockford Fosgate®

they make a bluetooth dongle to go with it. will definitely mount where my old under seat amp was!

i think this is my solution.
Old 29th May 2014, 04:01 PM   #4
troystg is offline troystg  United States
diyAudio Member

If you still have the amp just add this to the front and stream from your phone...

Parts express part # 320-353

BT-1A Bluetooth Receiver Module for Wireless Reception of Bluetooth Audio Signals

hidden headless bluetooth amp?Hide this!Advertise here!