Rockford Fosgate punch 250m Power Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have repaired some amps, with similar characteristics, (351M, 401S, 301S, etc.) and almost all had the same fault occurred most likely, by connecting them to a ma lower than it should be connected impedance (not less than 2 ohms)

If you connect the amplifier to a 1 ohm impedance, for example, at full power, the more certain is that at five minutes to burn.

A greeting.

bezy4yra.jpg

i found some documentation on another thread, says almost 1ooo watts @ 1 ohm. any thoughts ? Everyone says these old Rockford amps can put out some power.

I have run them at 1 ohm but with the gain turned down and only a song here and there cranked.

If you run this amp 1 ohm mono for extensive periods of time at high volume it WILL fail.

Moderate volumes with occasionally high volumes you would probably bee fine.

The manufacturer rated the amp at 2 ohms mono and close to 700 watts RMS at that. You will gain a little but its not worth pushing the amp daily to its limits.

You can get the Rockford P2 10" or 12" Dual 2 ohm 400rms each and 800 peak each.

You could then wire the amp to the subs at 2 ohm and deliver 700 watts just a tad under there RMS.

They would sound great and both the amp and subs would remain very reliable at that point.

The subs are under $100 each shipped to your door step.

Sounds like and easy choice for your current set up, just make sure to use the proper box to maximize their performance.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.