Rockford Fosgate 1000BD

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys got this amp in today and it has me stumped on Q15 the voltage regulator. I replaced thinking it was bad because I had no output with negative lead referenced to grnd. There is 19v in the input. Any ideas would help. I have traced that output to most of the ics using that output for there vcc. Its probably something simple and I am just over analyzing.

Isn't that an LM317? If so, pin 1 isn't the input.

Is the circuit you have the same as the one attached?

Attachments

• regulator circuit.jpg
    regulator circuit.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 108
Try this...

Remove the regulator.

Disconnect everything from the amp except the ground wire. Connect the 12v wire that you'd normally connect to the B+ terminal to the output terminal of the regulator. This MUST be done through a current limiting resistor (like the 2 ohm resistor that you likely use to protect the amp when powering it up when troubleshooting).

Again... MUST be done through a current limiter.

When you apply power, something will/should get hot. What gets hot?

Wear safety glasses. Sometimes ICs and caps explode when you do this.

Okay making headway this morning. I got my positive voltage back on my Ic's. Got my carrier wave back. Changed u5 because output was not changing when test pot on u17 is turned. Checked the input going in pin 2 on u7 and it starts -8.7v to 0.035v when adjusting the pot. Is this correct or should it swing -8.7 to 8.7v?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.