Rockford Fosgate T1500-1BDCP ------ No Output

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well this amplifier was working beautifully until today. I was actually selling it to a local guy and when he hooked it up to test it there was no output after having been pulled from my own install working perfectly fine. A quick look at his install after trouble arose and I noticed that his rca cables were patched directly into his rear speaker wires........... no line output converter or anything just rca cables twisted directly to the speaker wires and held together with packaging tape. So I'm assuming that this potentially fried something in the input circuitry. The amplifier powers on normally and idles just fine. The amp is not in protect mode. There is rail voltage present at the output fets but I have no output. Can anyone maybe point me in some directions as to where to start looking or maybe have experience with a similar issue they could share? It would be greatly appreciated

Perry,

There is approximately +/- 10.5 volts on the power supply pins of the IC.

Is this too low?

The IC does produce a sine wave on the output pin that is essentially equal in voltage (1volt) to the input voltage of the IC however the output looks "fuzzy" in comparison on the scope.

Should the output voltage be the same as the input?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.