Kicker ZX1500.1 without gate drive.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This amp is in great shape.There are no shorted outputs or drivers.Power supply seems fine.I get +/-14volts,+/-12volts,+5 volts.+ 135volts and -128volts on the rails.

On the output gates I have +1.7 volts on the one trio and -128 volts on the other trio.
But no oscillation
I get about 3amps of current draw before the relay kicks in and about 6 amps after.
I seem to have very little luck with these Kicker amps for some reason.
Please help Im lost.

The power supply is ok.I just cant figure out why there is no oscillation on the gate of the output mosfets.I have audio all the way to the class d board also.I have 3 of these amps and wanted to get this one up first to use as a reference because the other ones need a complete rebuild.
The other ones need output mosfets so im sure I am going to run into some kind of drive issue when I get to them.Ive repaired hundreds of class d amps but these Kickers always seem to give me a challenge.
I would assume the class d board would be the problem but a read a thread were Perry suggested removing the class d board and then check for gate oscillation.
Also,I have a good class d board that tried in this amp and still get zero gate oscillation.
Feel like having a beer and listening to 'Dazed and confused'

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.