any experience with car audio as a home stereo?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am considering after seeing some on youtube. Anyone with a setup comment on quality of "hi-fi"?, not talking about audiophile quality but college-ghetto quality of sound/expense involved.

I have some small home stereo speakers with high sensitivity I will be using.

thanks,

gychang

If you don't need a lot of volume, you can use car audio equipment. The biggest problems are getting good bass from car woofers (in the home) and supplying the 12v power. If the speakers are efficient and you don't need much volume, you could power a head unit from a computer power supply.

I plan to hook up to my 12V, 2Amp wallwart. Wonder if the quality will be reasonable in a small room.

gychang

12V at 2 amps will not get you very far. You also say you have a small set of speakers and they are of a high sensitivity... Lets hope so as most car equipment is designed to run into 4 ohms and the chances are your speakers are 8 ohms. The size of the room wont effect quality as much has the tonal balance.. OOps Katieandad beat me too it

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.