Alpine M1000

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, I'm new to this forum, and to the amp repair world. I've seen lots of great info in these forums, and have learned a lot so far. I'm new to the amp repair world though, so please take it easy on me. I have an electronics degree, but in my career, unfortunately I haven't had the opportunity to do that much component level repair. I purchased a few broken amplifiers of the same model on ebay just for educational purposes, and to refine my troubleshooting skills.

I'm stuck on one amplifier that has a reboot/DC at the speaker level problem. When I opened it up, it looks like the output mosfets (IRF3415) were replaced before, and one of the transistors (D600K) in the power supply section, along with a small surface mount zener diode right in front of it. It also appears that one of the surface mount ic's (IR2010S) may have been replaced at one time.

I found 2 leaky mosfet output transistors, and replaced them, but I'm still getting the same problem. When I removed the mosfets, the amp powered up, and quit rebooting, so the problem must be somewhere in the output section. Even stranger, when it reboots, I can hear a small click or spark coming from the circuit near the center of the board. I didn't observe any parts that visually look bad.

Everything I've learned has been from researching online, and referencing similar amp schematics but most are very different from the M1000. I think it would really help if I could get the schematic for this amp, but I know those can be hard to come by!

Any help would be appreciated!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.