What makes a good Car Stereo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
slightly nostalgic....

I cannot enjoy music in cars when the radio or cd player or K7 player is not made by Blaupunkt.....

And they are still on the market in the USA , ofcourse much of the Rampage and other dominate the stores now ........... but if you want to listen to Pachelbel or Scarlati while driving on highways, there is nothing but a Blaupunkt, model Hamburg or similar ( The Hamburg I think was in production for 20 years or so......)

Jean-Pierre

What makes a good head unit? High voltage pre outs (4 or more volts... Eclipse has a head unit with something like 14 volts), no internal amp, and no silly screen savers and other misc crap. Nakamichi cd-45z is available on ebay (or a very similar cd-35z) for around your price point, but has no MP3. My next choice would be Alpine. I'm not a fan of all the screen savers and flashy-ness, but they're good head units.

Jeanne-Pierre, where are you looking for your head units? Walmart? The only places I've seen the Rampage head units are at Walmart, Best Buy (not usually on display there, but on the shelves), and large chain automotive stores. Any decent audio/video stores would never stock those terrible things.

Keep in mind you'll need the car adapter kit along with the dash kit. These can be found at Crutchfield.com (I would never buy anything else here since they are terribly and overly expensive).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.