Stetsom 6k2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Got this amp for repair with the entire power supply blown.
I suppose gate resistors are 3R9, but i need the value of R148 and R149 (not sure about exact number as the pcb is burned). These two resistors are used between the outputs of the totem poles (BD139/BD140), to ground.
Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMGP3292.jpg
    IMGP3292.jpg
    927.9 KB · Views: 171
Put the 1K resistors in place, repaired the totem pole (one set of BD139/140 was blown, as well as the 4427). A schematic of the 5k2 shows this resistors as 4k7.
Then i checked all output fets with my component tester (in circuit) and all 8 seemed ok.
I powered the amp without the ps fets and i did see the 26k square wave developing slowly.
Soldered 2 dozens of new ps fets, clamped everything back to the heatsink and tried to power the amp with my 20A bench supply. It went to protect with 3 blinks on the power led indicator.
I thought 20A was not enough for the initial current of this big amp, so i changed to a 68A power supply.
During start up, the power indicator led is blue (ok) but the amp draws around 60A+.
I am afraid on damaging something and i remove the remote after 1.5-2 seconds.
Is this normal ?

well, no matter which transformer i unbolt its center tap from the 12V busbar, the current draw is the same.
I removed all 8 fep16dt-all checked ok.
Then bolted back all trafos and only kept the diodes out of the circuit.
Here is the very good waveform of both sides of gate resistors ( ps fets are in place).

Attachments

• IMGP3415.JPG
    IMGP3415.JPG
    228.7 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Okay, this is the point I would pull the 2010's out(or 2110's) and put the diodes back in. If current draw is still normal, check the signal on pins 10 & 11 of the 4011's. (looking for a good pwm signal here). If current draw is still high with the 2010's out , check the bd139/bd140 pairs and also the 15volt zeners that tie the gates to the sources. (a shorted output isn't out of the question yet though)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.