Zapco Z400C4-SL... Not Again!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Finally installed the two A06 and two A56 SMDs on the problem channel. I circled them in the pic. Also, gisewhcs, the fan needs to blow into the amp and it does speed up when the volume goes up. I made a short vid of the amp working in my car, sounds decent. Thanks for all the help everyone. :cool:

100 4306 2 - YouTube

Attachments

• 2a2.JPG
    2a2.JPG
    590.8 KB · Views: 68
They are old and they ohm out ok but with them in circuit the amp struggles to start. Plus these boards are so fricken delicate, when I was pulling two of the caps, two of the circular feed through that sits in the hole came out. The positive rail has the main trace in one of the inner layers and that sucks to fix. The ripple with the old caps was about 30 mv, now its down to 2 or 3 mv. I may get larger value caps at a latter time.

How come the old Soundstream reference 1000s only has two 1000uf 50v caps for its rail? See pic...:rolleyes:

I did put new Panasonic 4700uf 50v caps in and 1moreamp suggested a workaround for the pulled via. I ran a piece of 14g magnet wire over to where the pulled via was from the good via. Worked perfect. :cool:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.