Help with Hifonics Brutus BXi1600D that does not power up

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,
I´m German and i have a problem with the same Amplifier. The Red Power LED.
I´ts the Hifonics Brutus BXi1600D.
For testing i have a Batteryloader 12v and i connected the Amp.. So i can switch on. After two or three seconds of time they do a "click" an the Power LED is red...
All pieces in the Amp lookung good, but there is a white ceramic piece( 5w33ohmJ)looks a little bit brown or blown...
maybe this piece is broken.....

i can take a photo for help i´f someone want to help me.

Thank you

Sry for the bad English...

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
That is pretty conclusive that it is OK and correct at 33 ohm.

These are quite a complex piece of electronics. You really need to have the full circuit diagram available and start a methodical test procedure.

Most of the problems seem to be related to the power devices and rectifiers and their drive. Even if you find something like a shorted FET there could be other components or a primary reason why it has failed.

OK. I don´t have the circuit diagram and it is not possible to get these from Hifonics... So i think i must check every parts...
I think i will begin with the Mosfets....
They have 3 legs.. on the fets can i read f1 G31 FQP65N06
Can someone tell me which way i can check these Parts. there are 6 on every side of zhe Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.