Soundstream VGA 600.2 please help !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a Van Gogh 600.2 with some burnt resistors and diodes.
I have not been able to get the schematics. Not on the forums, contacted Soundstream but they only give them to authorized dealers, contacted the importer in my country and he tried getting it but was not succesful.

Would anyone happen to have the exact same amp ? Maybe on his he could see the values of resistors and what kind of diodes they are.

Here are some pics:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Here are the links in case the pics don't work.

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

How does this look, like the same?
R20, 25, 27, 30 are 5.5K 5%
R24, 28 are 550ohm 5%
D53, 54 are 1n4756A

I get no audio out of mine, this area on my board was hot at one point. I have no schematic and soundstream won't issue it.

Good luck,
Cory

Attachments

• 2012-03-31_07-57-12_842.jpg
    2012-03-31_07-57-12_842.jpg
    509.6 KB · Views: 163
We are still having problems with this amplifier.
We replaced R20,24,25,27,28,30 and the four resistors on the left under the mini-PCB, which was unnecessary but well...
We also replaced Q34,35,36,37 and DZ53 and 54.

Very quickly after powering on the amplifier some of these components get very hot so we power off the amplifier. We still don't have the schematics for this amp.
Following the traces this section seems to be linked to the 4 indicator LEDs. These components should not get this hot, so something must be wrong somewhere.

Also, the indicator light of the RAIL+ voltage is lit while the RAIL- voltage LED is not lit (or vice versa, can't remember for sure, which is not right. The LED functions as it blinks at power-on.

Anyone have a clue ? Hard to tell without schematics.

I think you are referring to the 'RCA SENSE' switch.

I contacted Soundstream USA they told me they only forward the schematics to authorized dealers. Since my local car audio shop stopped being a SS dealer I contacted the importer for my country (Netherlands), he said he would try to get it but he later said he wasn't succesful...

Azvrt I'm curious if you ever ended up getting any detailed pics? I also have a 1600.2 and 320.4 both in the Van Gogh series but damaged and missing resistors and mosfets. I'm really hoping maybe Brandes.cm might be able to email me some clear pics of the inside of his 1600.2 Dang, I would even be willing to maybe send him some $ through PayPal if the pics are detailed enough, hey it'll save me having to send it out anyways right.

I've got a VGA 1600.2 apart at the moment. If you let me know what you'd like picture of I'll sort some out for you.

Right on Nick, yes that would be awesome. Just basic front and back pics of the amp would be great. If you have it laying down like you normally mount it, then I guess I would call it TOP and BOTTOM. Thank you in advance, and please let me know if some payment is in order.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.