Targa HX-2ch 300

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have an old Targa HX-2ch 300 amp that I have a few questions about.
It says it's 300 watts but that may be 300w peak into 4 ohms when in bridge mode or some such junk. I would like to know the real RMS output
per chanel at 8 ohms. And is the built in xover 6, 12 or 24 db/oct and what is the frequency? If no one can answer these questions I would
settle on a winning lottery number ....

It has been many years since I saw a Targa amp. Would it be possible for you to post a picture of its insides to refresh my memory of your exact amp model?

The Targa amps I remember were sold mostly at the local flea-market back in the day. They typically were over rated by a factor of two from what I recall. A picture would be most helpful.

Back to your inquiry about its 8 ohm power rating, as I recall all car amps were 4 ohm rated back then and simple ohms laws says to reduce the 4 ohm power by 1/2 due to the load factor being reduced by 1/2. A simple way to test its power is to use a scope and a resistive test load and drive the amp to just below it clipping level and read its true RMS AC voltage across the load resistors and the apply ohms law P = E 2 / R....Hope some of this was helpful..:)

Her is a link to a calculator to help with the math if you like:
Ohm's Law Calculators

Sorry no lottery numbers I'm still looking for them myself lol...

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.