JL Slash 500 v1 Help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got the parts, and I put in all the new resistors as well as the new D600. I dont read 90 ohms between the outside leg pads but I do read 700 ohms between the outside pads of any individual. Not sure what that means i haven't powered up, don't want to ruin anything

Ok I think I understand. I'm measuring with the bottom of the board facing up, (the gate pads for the PSU Fets are top left if RCA output face me. When measuring between groups of two or adjacent pads (each rightmost pad for each FET) I do read 93ohms.
So I think they are ok I am going to hook up power and measure

Ok I think there is more wrong with the board... I went ahead and installed everything and tried to power up. It sparked when hooked up power and power light came on green then yellow low ohm light flashed, no output. I took apart and took out all the power supply mosfets they all look ok. The output transistors look good too I'm going to take them back out. Interesting note R505 is blown. There seems to be a short somewhere, there was a big spark when the pos wire was touched to the hole where it is held in place and ground was screwed in place

Slow down and don't get ahead of Perry's direction. There are several things that you needed to check BEFORE you put in the IRF540's, some he has already told you and some he will. These JL amps can be a pain in the rear if you're impatient.

Q504 - Q507 are the outputs, IRF540's. If you have them installed, you should carefully remove them to continue on.

Once removed, recheck all the IRF540's ensuring they are still good. Visual inspection is of no use, use your meter.

Look closely for solder bridges where you have done some soldering work, use your meter to verify there are no shorts everywhere you have been.

Then go back and answer post #46.

Hey Perry I know its been awhile but I got her back out and I want to get back after it. I've attached pictures showing what I've checked to verify that I'm checking the right things. All the adjacent legs on the same side read the same when touched in the same fashion.

Attachments

• On.jpg
    On.jpg
    544.8 KB · Views: 72
  • Ohms.jpg
    Ohms.jpg
    628.6 KB · Views: 74
  • Volts.jpg
    Volts.jpg
    651 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.