JL Slash 500 v1 Help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey everybody I'm new on this forum and I would really appreciate some help. I have a slash 500.1 V1 amp and an alpine 10 in type r 1043d. I've never fixed an amp before but I have fixed an Hdtv (all new capacitors) and I'm willing to learn whatever I need to get this done.

Here's what happened;
The amp began cutting out awhile after I mounted it on the back of the sub box
I took the amp back off and put it back on the floor which seemed to help
The other day after 3 days back on the floor amp started smoking, the sub cut out so i pulled the fuse and took out the amp

What I've done so far
Took amp covers off and to the naked eye nothing is black or looks blown
There are two red coated wired things and they seem to smell the most of smoke
The amp power light turns on green, but no power comes through the output (I checked with multimeter)

I can upload pictures or even a video if it would help anyone help me

If I am not mistaken, your red-coated-wired-things are the transformers? If they melted/shorted badly then you may need new ones, if they are even available. I can never seem to find them for any amp i fix, unless i have a good doner parts transformer.

In the last JL500 I fixed, the power supply was completely blown out; but funny thing was the amp would still light up green when power was connected. No output goes with this territory.

Ok here are the pictures. Definitely burn marks against the metal heatsink thing.. I took a look at the jl slash v2 amp repair on this forum but I don't have color bands on the R600-R607 which make it more difficult... Could you guys like circle in red what I should repair on it and how i need to go about it, also where I could get the parts?
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Oh and I do believe both the transistors and resistors are blown..

Last edited:
Where you say the (IRFZ44Ns here) I assume there should be a link if you could post it. But could you please show me on a picture where all of those things are? I'm willling to do whatever I need to get this amp working it was the best sound quality I've found in an amp.

Also if anyone has links to where I could order the parts I need it would be appreciated

Quite literally all of them read 0 ohms or .01 when touching the meter leads to the different legs of each individual transistor. Measured at 20M OHM. I assume that I measure these with the amp not connected to any power. Also want to clarify that the output transistors are the black things, some are bent, that connect to the heatsink with the white grease stuff. Confused me a little because near them it reads Q600-Q607 but there these tiny little things close too on the circuit board that have white lines in a square around them and under those squares reads R600-R607

I do think it is worth mentioning that the speaker wires came loose and touched right when the amp smoked which is what I believe caused all of this in the first place.

Ok it definitely takes patience to get a good read but here are the results... (at what is marked 200 OHM on my multimeter)
-Q607 reads 32.0 when touching the two outside legs, fluctuates 60-180 when touching the left and middle leg. But when touching on the right leg and middle leg I read 00.4 (When looking closely i see a hairline crack across the front
-Q606 is clearly blow part of the left leg not even connected
-Q605 reads 25.0 when touching the two outsides. the left and middle leg read 25.6. Again the right and middle read 00.4 (Has a small blemish w minute cracks looks like it could be blown)
-Q604 The two outsides read 27.0 the left and middle read 26.5 again the right and middle read 00.4 (there is a very small chunk missing in the middle)
-Q603 Left leg completely blown off just like Q606
-Q602 The outsides read 28.5 left and middle read 30.0 the right and middle read 00.4 (there is an almost imperceptible blemish on the front of this one too)
-Q601 The two outsides read 32.2 the left and middle read 32.6 and the right and middle read (you guessed it) 00.4 (this transistor is bent but is the best looking aesthetically)
-Q600 Is absolutely demolished
-D600 Is bent and reads 00.4 between outside legs im worried about it mainly because it is next to Q600 which is the most burnt.. but it looks good otherwise

If I had to say I would guess that every output transistor is blown, and I am worried about R600-R607 because they were close to where the transistors blew can I check these, could they be bad?

Ok, Q504-Q507 they all look really great, slightly bent because I didnt do a good job taking off the covers.. But all the readings between any individual leg was between 0.04 and 1.3 with the exception of one 8.1 reading. I can post exact statistics if needed but does that mean they are bad too? They don't look burnt or blown..

I'm sorry I understand now that the you've already said I would need to replace the power supply transistors Q600-607, and the gate resistors which are R600-R607. So here is what I'm reading for the Output transistors Q504-Q507

-Q504 outsides 00.9 left and middle 00.3 right and middle 00.9
-Q505 outsides (no reading) left middle (no reading) right middle 6.2
-Q506 outsides 8.3 left middle 1.7 right middle 9.4
-Q507 No reads at all on any leg combos

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.