MTX MTA 225

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I picked up one of theese amps today from a friend.

Wondering if anyone knows where i can get the plug for it ?

Or a good part number somewhere where i can order an after market plu for it??

The only pic i found was this one and it looks like this plug is missing some wires ..

The plug i need has 5 wires comming out i believe.

Attachments

• MTX.jpg
    MTX.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 103
Hi Mike, it resembles a older PPI plug, and if it is then all you need do is pry open the lid of the connector and simple compress some new wires into each connector. They crush into the seats to form a connection.
Other the that there is a client of mine selling this on that auction site.. But you should be able to pull that one open and replace the wires...:)

I believe that PPI built those amps long ago as I recall repairing a few way back when

On my older ppi amps I just removed them and soldered 14 gauge. I didn't like the fact that you have a resistance point where the wires crimped into the plug and another where the plug contacts the board contacts. I haven't seen a different version that would fit, mainly because of spacing and the low height available. Maybe a normal molex would snap into the opening and you could solder it to wire jumpers soldered to the board. Kind of like the original Coustic amps.

I picked up one of theese amps today from a friend.

Wondering if anyone knows where i can get the plug for it ?

Or a good part number somewhere where i can order an after market plu for it??

The only pic i found was this one and it looks like this plug is missing some wires ..

The plug i need has 5 wires comming out i believe.

These are INCREDIBLE amps! I still use mine today! The black plug is touchy and can make a bad connection over time.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.